Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Three posts) - Department of Psychology
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER (THREE POSTS)
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancies
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbents will be responsible for:
- Teaching, curriculum development and co-ordinating programmes at both undergraduate and postgraduate level;
- Supervising postgraduate research appropriate to the post level;
- Supervising practical work in professional training programmes in Psychology;
- Conducting research at a competitive level, commensurate to the level of appointment and actively contributing to the Department’s research profile;
- Performing various academic and administrative duties as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participating in the Department’s strategic initiatives relating to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A Master’s degree in Psychology;
- Evidence of research output (e.g. publications in peer-reviewed journals or significant progress with PhD studies).
Senior Lecturer (Same as for Lecturer, plus):
- A Doctorate in Psychology;
- At least five years’ experience in tertiary education;
- Evidence of research output (e.g. publications in peer-reviewed journals) commensurate to the post level;
- A record of accomplishment of postgraduate research supervision, commensurate to the post level.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Registration for doctoral studies;
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) in one of the following categories: Clinical, Counselling or Research Psychology;
- Ability to lecture in at least two, but preferably more, of the following areas: cognitive psychology, abnormal psychology, critical psychology, social psychology, psychological assessment, group therapy and research methods.
- A strong research record in one of the Department’s research thematic areas;
- Knowledge and experience in quantitative research methodology and/or qualitative research methodologies;
- Knowledge and experience in professional training of counselling or clinical psychologists;
- Registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa in one of the following categories: Clinical, Counselling or Research Psychology for at least three years;
- Ability to lecture in at least two, but preferably more, of the following areas: cognitive psychology, neuropsychology, abnormal psychology, critical psychology, social psychology, psychological assessment, group therapy and research methods.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
23 July 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof C Guse, E-mail: email@example.com
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa