Lecturer in Social Work - Department of Social Work and Criminology
DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL WORK AND CRIMINOLOGY
LECTURER IN SOCIAL WORK
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- The successful candidate will be required to:
- Teach at undergraduate level;
- Supervise master’s students;
- Conduct research at a nationally competitive level;
- Organise undergraduate modules as required;
- Carry out academic administration and other duties, as determined by the Head of Department;
- Participate in the Department’s strategic initiatives related to teaching, research and community engagement.
- A doctoral degree in Social Work;
- Appropriate teaching experience in the applicable field of expertise;
- Experience in the supervision of master’s students;
- Research outputs appropriate to the post level and/or applicable professional experience;
- A proven research and publication record of accomplishment in the specialised field;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Applied knowledge of developmental social work in social work education, practice and social policy;
- Applied knowledge of integrated work learning of social work theory and practice;
- Specialised knowledge and skills in at least two of the following specialised fields: community work and -development; social policy; child and family care, including evidence of experience in integrating macro- and micro-level interventions
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Appropriate computer skills;
- Appropriate professional experience.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Research networks at an international level.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 470 058 to R 622 296 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
9 July 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof A Lombard, Tel: (012) 420 2325
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.