Lab Instructor, School of Neuroscience
The Virginia Tech School of Neuroscience seeks applications for a full-time Laboratory Instructor. The primary duty of this position is laboratory teaching responsibilities of approximately 12 credit hours per academic semester in Neuroscience curriculum beginning with the fall 2018 semester.
Strong candidates will have experience in one or more of the following techniques: immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy, brightfield microscopy, neuroanatomy, electrophysiology, optogenetics.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Psychology, Biology or related field; a demonstrated ability to effectively teach courses at the undergraduate level; broad knowledge of, and research experience in, experimental biology ideally related closely to neuroscience; excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively teach courses at the undergraduate level.
- Previous work in an academic laboratory setting.
- Experience in the use of animals in research.
- Ability to work independently, organize and assume responsibility.
- Either broad knowledge of, and research experience in, neuroscience or a willingness to acquire such.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Psychology, Biology or a related field.
- Experience in one or more of the following techniques is preferred:
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Brightfield Microscopy
- Capability of working with more than one on-going project simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
For the complete job description along with information on How to Apply go to:
Qualified applicants must submit their application electronically.
The job remains opened until filled.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rcdr6xqrwrhbys97