System and Development Officer - Department of Computer Science
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE,
SYSTEM AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICER,
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing technical support to staff;
- Procuring computer equipment;
- Maintaining department servers and computing infrastructure;
- Developing and maintaining departmental software;
- Creating and deploying Linux images used in the computer labs;
- Managing the departmental user database and access to departmental services;
- Providing student support for departmental specific services;
- Managing and training technical team members;
- Maintaining the collaborative lab.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Experienced in: Linux;
- Setting up and maintaining servers;
- Database administration;
- Software development.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good communication skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 402 652 to R 479 584 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 9 July 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Prof Nelishia Pillay, Tel: (012) 4203578, Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.