Senior Veterinary Nurse (ICU Night and Day Shift) - Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital
ONDERSTEPOORT VETERINARY ACADEMIC HOSPITAL,
SENIOR VETERINARY NURSE (ICU NIGHT AND DAY SHIFT),
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 10
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy. The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Nursing of critical patients, including the operation of specialised equipment such as ventilators, pulse-oximeter, etc;
- Emergency treatment including resuscitation;
- Preparing for and assisting with special surgical and medical procedures, including anaesthesia, post-procedure care, changing of bandages and wound management;
- Clinic management (hygiene, pharmacy orders, sending of samples, safety measures etc);
- Client contact, informal student training and self-development.
- Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (DipCurAnim or Dip Vet Nursing);
- Two years’ working experience including the duties as mentioned above;
- Registration with the South African Veterinary Council.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Meticulous and a sense of responsibility;
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Physical mobility;
- Organising skills and a strong service orientation;
- Ability to work under pressure and without supervision;
- Computer literacy;
- Flexibility to work in other sections of OVAH and willingness to work shifts.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- One year experience in an ICU environment;
- Nursing of and experience with small and large animals within an Animal Hospital environment.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 335 705 to R 421 884 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 13 July 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Sr Katinka Jacobs, Tel: (012) 529 8109
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.