Research Fellow in Multiscale Modelling and Emergence
Are you able to take existing techniques and modify them from a theoretical perspective to solve real world problems?
Would you like to utilise the concepts of multiscale modelling and emergence to contribute to the design of products that deliver the end effect more efficiently and effectively?
This interdisciplinary role will require you to work across the disciplines of mathematics/statistics, chemical engineering and chemistry (or biology). The challenge faced will be to develop techniques that will result in an enhanced understanding of product understanding by drawing on information available at different scales. The research will align strongly with the philosophy that has recently been developed in the pharma sector where the aspiration is to be able to design for the final parameters i.e. critical quality attributes (CQA) (e.g. dissolution, taste, smell, particle size distribution, etc.) through enhanced product and process understanding by understanding the fundamental structures (critical material attributes – CMA) and also the critical process parameters (CPP) and hence establish the functional relationships that link CMA/CPP to CQA.
Holding a first degree and PhD (or close to completion) in Mathematics/statistics or Chemical Engineering or a closely allied discipline, you will have a strong background in process modelling and the proven ability to modify existing mathematical/statistical techniques with the goal of applying them to real world problems.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact: Professor Elaine Martin, Head of School of Chemical and Process Engineering Tel: +44 (0)113 343 0889 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom