Research Fellow - Numerical Modelling of HCF's
Applicants must have obtained a PhD* or equivalent professional qualifications and experience in Physics, Engineering, Maths, Material Science or equivalent and have a strong background in physical and numerical modelling. Relevant experience at post-graduate/post-doctoral level in visco-elasticity related problems and in waveguide theory is also desirable. A strong mathematical background and excellent programming skills are necessary. The applicants are expected to work as part of a cohesive, world-leading team, to interact with experimentalists and fibre fabricators and to contribute to the dissemination of high quality research results.
This is a fixed term post until 31/08/2020. The successful candidate will be appointed at Level 4 of the University’s Education, Research and Enterprise scale, with current salaries in the range £29,799 to £32,548 pa, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
*Applications for Research Fellow positions will be considered from candidates who are working towards or nearing completion of a relevant PhD qualification. The title of Research Fellow will be applied upon successful completion of the PhD. Prior to the qualification being awarded the title of Senior Research Assistant will be given.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please note that applications from agencies will not be accepted unless indicated in the job advert.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Physics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom