Senior Assistant Officer
Department Biomedical Sciences
Senior Assistant Officer (post level 12)
Job ID: 2412
Duties and responsibilities:
- Typing, editing, filing, printing, making photocopies and managing general office maintenance.
- Arrange meetings, keep appointment schedule and manage an electronic diary.
- Prepare and compile documents as required.
- Prepare documents, agenda and compile the minutes for meetings as required.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Perform financial administrative duties, including processing requisitions, invoices, payments and claims.
- Arrange functions and other events as required.
- Assist with special activities that do not fall within the normal scope of work as required from time to time.
- Grade 12 and relevant post school qualification.
- Three (3) years’ experience in office administration or two (2) years’ relevant experience in the Faculty of Health Sciences in office administration.
- Computer skills related to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Must be able to function independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Must pay meticulous attention to detail and be committed to a high standard of work.
- Have the ability work under heavy pressure and manage a variety of tasks.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and, the ability to function well in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
- Experience in Outlook and PeopleSoft Campus Solutions.
- Valid driver’s license.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible
20 July 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/ 9961/3039/3221.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.