Administrative Officer - Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
3 days left
- Full Time
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate student administration;
- Assisting with the handling of matters related to examinations and the processing of examination results;
- Assisting with arrangements regarding graduation ceremonies;
- Assisting with the counselling of students regarding admission requirements and curricula;
- Assisting with handling of matters concerning the Course Catalogue, fixed curricula of degree programmes and prerequisites of modules;
- Liaising with a broad spectrum of stakeholders (prospective students, applicants, registered students, finalists, graduates and other stakeholders);
- Delivering an exceptional and client friendly service to students and all stakeholders involved in the student administrative processes at the University of Pretoria.
- A three-year tertiary qualification with at least three years’ experience in a tertiary environment specifically related to Student Administration.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language, communication and interpersonal skills across cultural boundaries;
- Organisational and conflict management skills;
- Computer literacy with knowledge and experience of PeopleSoft, MS Office packages etc.;
- Ability to work independently and participate effectively within a team;
- Accuracy and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure.
PLEASE NOTE: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 335 705 to R 402 652 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mrs E Carelsen, Tel: (012) 420 3327
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.