Senior Lecturer - School of Health Systems and Public Health
The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Curriculation and co-presentation/co-ordination of biostatistical modules at the introductory, intermediate and advanced levels;
- Participation in the teaching of analytical epidemiology in the epidemiology modules offered by the school;
- Research protocol consultation and advice for staff and students within the SHSPH;
- Research supervision of MPH/MSc/PhD students in the SHSPH;
- Strengthening epidemiological and biostatistical research within the SHSPH as well collaborative research within the Faculty and the University;
- Developing partnerships with local and international public health scientists for research development.
- PhD or DrPublic Health or DrMed in a relevant field;
- Five years of postgraduate teaching and research supervision experience;
- At least five relevant publications in journals accepted by the South African Department of Higher Education for subsidy purposes.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good interpersonal skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- International experience and exposure;
- Experience of teaching quantitative methods at the postgraduate level;
- Experience of course design at the postgraduate level;
- A background of having worked in an academic environment.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical aid schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof B Girdler-Brown, Tel: (012) 356 3287
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.