Senior Lektoraat/Lektoraat / Senior Lecturer/Lecturer - Biochemie / Biochemistry
Department of Biochemistry
The Department of Biochemistry employs thirteen full-time academic staff members teaching undergraduate and postgraduate modules. We have a strong research focus and training of Master’s and doctoral students is one of our core activities. The department houses a number of active research groups who investigate topics ranging from immunology and plant pathogen detection, drug discovery, molecular systematics, steroid receptors and steroid metabolism, to systems biology.
- Teaching Biochemistry at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and administrating undergraduate and postgraduate modules;
- Participating in departmental research activities and postgraduate supervision (BSc(Hons), MSc and PhD students);
- Obtaining research funding from external sources;
- Actively participating in departmental activities and administration.
- PhD in Biochemistry (or closely related subject area);
- Proven research experience and a number of recent publication outputs in reputable peer-reviewed journals;
- Proven involvement in teaching undergraduate Biochemistry modules at tertiary level;
- Proven involvement in postgraduate supervision at Honours and Master’s level;
- Record of lively and active interest in research, e.g. by presenting at subject-related conferences, or participating in scientific societies;
- Willingness to join one or more of the existing departmental research groups (for more information refer to http://www.sun.ac.za/english/faculty/science/biochemistry/research);
- Proven communication skills in English.
Additional requirements for Senior Lecturer:
- Continuous recognised research output and a growing record of publications;
- Successful supervision of postgraduate students on at least Master’s level;
- Proven involvement in postgraduate supervision at doctoral level;
- Proven experience in teaching undergraduate Biochemistry modules at tertiary level;
- An NRF rating, or a research profile that could make a successful application for NRF rating possible.
- Ability to lecture in Afrikaans;
- Good human relations;
- For Senior Lecturer: Experience in course development in Biochemistry topic(s).
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports by the closing date directly to the following address: The Manager: Personnel Provisioning & Planning, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 021 808 2484.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
- Enquiries regarding job content:Prof. Johann Rohwer on 021 808 5843, or on 021 808 5861, or at email@example.com
- Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 275
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Biochemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa