Lecturer (Social Anthropology) / Lektoraat (Sosiale Antropologie)
Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
Lecturer (Social Anthropology)
For information on the Department, please visit our website: http://www0.sun.ac.za/sociology/
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching;
- Postgraduate supervision;
- Active participation in the research, publication and teaching activities of the Department;
- Administrative tasks associated with these activities.
- An MA in Social Anthropology or cognate discipline;
- An active research programme;
- A demonstrated commitment to publishing in academic journals;
- A strong background in anthropological perspectives.
- A PhD, or close to completion of PhD in Social Anthropology or cognate discipline;
- Experience in teaching Social Anthropology at undergraduate level;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision;
- A publication record;
- Expertise in African anthropology and/or anthropology of health, development and science.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports by the closing date directly to the following address: The Manager: Personnel Provisioning & Planning, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 021 808 2484.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. Steven Robins on 021 808 2090, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa