Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
For information on the Department please visit our website: http://www0.sun.ac.za/sociology/
- Under- and postgraduate teaching;
- Postgraduate supervision;
- Active participation in the research, publication and teaching activities of the Department;
- Administrative tasks associated with these activities.
- MA in Sociology or cognate discipline;
- An active research programme;
- A demonstrated commitment to publishing in academic journals;
- A strong background in sociological perspectives.
- A PhD, or close to completion of a PhD in Sociology or cognate discipline;
- Experience in teaching Sociology at undergraduate level;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision;
- A publication record;
- Expertise in social theory and/or quantitative methodology and development.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Applicants should request their referees to send confidential reports by the closing date directly to the following address:
The Manager: Personnel Provisioning & Planning, Stellenbosch University, Private Bag X1, Matieland 7602; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; fax: 021 808 2484.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Jan Vorster on 021 808 2132, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753