Part-time 1/8 Specialist/Lecturer: Psychiatry (Ref. TGB09/104/0318) / Deeltydse 1/8 Spesialis/Lekto
Department of Higher Education and Training - Clinical Training Grant
Part-time 1/8 Specialist and Lecturer
(25 Hours Per Week, One-year Fixed-termContract)
Part-time contract position for one year. May be renewed for a second year-term depending on satisfactory performance and funding. The incumbent will be jointly supervised by Dr. Laila Asmal and Dr. Kerry Louw (consultants at the Department of Psychiatry at Tygerberg Hospital).
- Providing academic and clinical psychiatric training and support related to HIV and NeuroAIDS to registrars in psychiatry at Tygerberg Hospital;
- Providing academic and clinical input and supervision on HIV related psychiatry, including NeuroAIDS and consultation-liaison psychiatry during psychiatry ward rounds and at out-patient clinics;
- Providing lectures and tutorials on HIV-related psychiatry, including NeuroAIDS and consultation liaison psychiatry to undergraduates (e.g. middle rotation students), postgraduate students, clinicians and clinical staff at tertiary, district and community levels;
- Facilitating HIV-related research in the Department of Psychiatry;
- Providing consultation-liaison psychiatry training and an advisory function to clinicians at district and community level.
- Registration with the HPCSA as a Psychiatrist;
- Teaching expertise to provide clinical training and academic input to registrars and students rotating through psychiatry, with emphasis on neuropsychiatry and consultation-liaison psychiatry at Tygerberg Hospital;
- A good spoken and written command of English.
- Specialist Psychiatrist with clinical expertise in HIV/NeuroAIDS;
- Additional qualifications (e.g. MPhil in Medical Education, MPhil in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry).
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Dr Asmal / Dr Louw on 021 938 9227
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Division, Tygerberg Campus on 021 938 9636
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa