Professor/Associate Professor: Investment Management / Professoraat/Medeprofessoraat: Beleggingsbes
Professor/Associate Professor: Investment Management
- Teaching of Investment Management and Financial Planning modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Postgraduate supervision up to PhD level;
- Participating in Departmental, Faculty and University activities;
- Self-initiated research.
- A relevant PhD degree in Investment Management;
- Completion of the Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) qualification;
- Adequate subject knowledge to teach in at least two of the following areas: portfolio management, risk-return relationships (portfolio theory and risk models), share analysis, fixed-income securities, derivatives, behavioural finance, and/or personal financial planning;
- Lecturing experience in Investment Management and Financial Planning modules at undergraduate level and where appropriate, postgraduate level;
- Experience in postgraduate supervision up to PhD level;
- An NRF rating or extensive record of research publications in accredited subject journals and subject conference.
- Short-listed candidates invited for an interview will be expected to present a lecture on a designated topic to members of the Department of Business Management.
- If available, examples of the course material (including examination papers and tests) used in previous courses must be presented after the lecture.
- The completion of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) qualification is a strong recommendation;
- National recognition as an academic;
- The ability to teach in both Afrikaans and English;
- Practical industry experience in a finance-related environment;
- Academic management experience in a university environment.
How To Apply
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online by using the "Apply Now" link.
Short-listed candidates invited for an interview will be expected to present a lecture on a designated topic to members of the Department of Business Management. If available, examples of the course material (including examination papers and tests) used in previous courses must be presented after the lecture.
Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within six weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Prof. Christo Boshoff on 021 808 9793, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753