Professorship in Plant-Microbe Interactions
The successful candidate will investigate plants and their interactions with mutualistic or pathogenic microbes at the interface of molecular and organismic biology. She/he will thereby contribute to developing the field of environmental sciences in the department ( https://duw.unibas.ch/de/home/).
The candidate is expected to:
- Establish a world-class research program in current topics of plant-microbe interactions, such as plant-mycorrhiza relationships, rhizosphere ecology, or plant-pathogen interactions.
- Teach courses at the undergraduate (in German and English) and graduate level (in English) in the BSc in Biology and in the MSc programs Plant Science and Ecology.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Department of Environmental Sciences and in joint research projects within and outside the University of Basel.
- Actively participate in the Zurich–Basel Plant Science Center ( http://www.plantsciences.uzh.ch/en.html).
We offer you
We offer an attractive position in an outstanding international, interdisciplinary research environment. Basel is home to a vibrant international life science community and provides a high standard of living together with a superb cultural and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
Application / Contact
Please address requests for further information to Prof. Dr. Ansgar Kahmen (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for receipt of applications is September 15, 2018. The University of Basel is an equal opportunity and family friendly employer committed to excellence through diversity.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland
- Education Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Switzerland