Senior Executive Assistant to the Managing Director
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries.
The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
We are looking for an exceptional Executive Assistant to provide full administrative service and executive support to the Managing Director (MD). This is a demanding and exciting role that entails a mix of contributing to institute-wide projects and providing support to ongoing activities of the MD’s Office.
The role involves the proactive management of an extremely busy and changeable diary ensuring that everything runs smoothly, and coordinate institute-wide projects and event planning. You will act as the main point of contact for both internal and external people wishing to contact the MD, ensuring that queries are dealt with effectively, and take the initiative to identify, prioritize and handle issues that arise on her behalf. As the Executive Assistant, you will deliver an exceptionally well-polished and professional service and will regularly be required to communicate effectively in person, on email and by telephone with senior stakeholders internally and externally. As the Executive Assistant, you will deliver an exceptionally well-polished and professional service, intelligently foreseeing the MD’s needs and seamlessly adapting the delivery of executive support to meet the varying demands of the MD.
The MD is responsible for the organizational, legal and economic management of the CRG (around 500 people / 44 M € Annual budget) and leads the Administration team of around 60 people with 8 direct reports.
If you are an organised person who likes a challenging, fast-paced working environment, this varied role could be perfect for you.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Organising and preparing documentation for management and governing bodies meetings and providing high-level administrative support, including follow-up on actions;
- Overseeing the MD’s daily schedule, arranging appointments, travel, meetings, conference and calls and maintaining MD’s signature
- Providing ad-hoc support with reporting, collection or analysis of data, as well as preparation of presentations and reports
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and paper filing systems
- Performing office management dutes and additional duties in suppport of function work that may be assigned by the MD
Coordination of business process management
- Coordinating and providing assistance to the MD in the development of policies and procedures, standardization of routine processes and review of internal policies in coordination with team members across the organisation
- Keeping management, policy and operations information up to date on our Intranet
Contribution to institute and Administration-wide projects
- Actively managing and substantially contributing to institute-wide projects and ongoing activities of the MD’s Office (e.g., lobbying activities, strategic plan), in particular coordination and implementation and follow-up of fundraising activities within the fundraising WG.
- Supervising the quality of the information related to the Administration departments, enhancing the appearance of the Administration departments on the website and proposing improvements and monitoring Intranet contents
Education and training:
- University degree
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of progressively responsible administrative experience.
- A track record of relevant executive-level administrative or similar experience in a large organisation, preferably in a scientific and international/multicultural environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and fluency in English and Spanish
- Catalan will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Previous knowledge/experience in PR and marketing will be considered
- Previous experience in management of policies and standard operational procedures will be an advantage
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, with a high level of accuracy
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain positive relationships with institute staff (including scientists and Administration staff at all levels of seniority, as well as other asistants) and stakeholders externally
- Proactive, innovative, flexible and problem-solving attitude
- Effective multitasking and the ability to work with tight deadlines and a wide variety of stakeholders are also required.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with diplomacy, tact and discretion
Contract duration: 2-year contract with the possibility of extension
Estimated annual gross salary: Commensurate according to qualifications and experience
Target start date: Immediate
All applications must include:
- A motivation letter addressed to HR.
- A complete CV including contact details
- Contact details of three referees.
All applications must be addressed to HR and be submitted online on the CRG Career site - http://www.crg.eu/en/content/careers/job-opportunities
Deadline: Please submit your application by the 20th of August, 2018
We provide a highly stimulating environment with highly motivated staff, state-of-the-art infrastructures and unique professional career development opportunities.
We offer and promote a diverse and inclusive environment and welcome applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.
We are committed to reconcile a work and family life for our employees and are offering the opportunity to benefit from annual leaves, flexible working hours and teleworking.