The Communication Officerwill support the marketability of EMBRC-ERIC with a community of stakeholders. Through the establishment of the necessary communication platforms, He/She will support the achievement of our KPI in terms of community engagement and service uptake.
Contract: Full Time, two-years contract of employment.
Service Group: EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat
Location: EMBRC-ERIC Headquarters, 4 Place Jussieu, Paris, France, c/o Sorbonne Université, Paris 5.
Brief Description of the EMBRC-ERIC
The European Marine Biological Resource Centre (EMBRC-ERIC) is a distributed pan-European research infrastructure that aims to provide a strategic delivery mechanism for excellent and large-scale marine science in Europe. With its services, EMBRC-ERIC will support both fundamental and applied research based on marine bioresources and marine ecosystems. The EMBRC-ERIC is centrally managed by the EMBRC-ERIC Executive Director, with the support of the EMBRC-ERIC Secretariat, based at the Paris Headquarters, hosted by Université Pierre et Marie Curie - Paris VI, Campus of Jussieu. The working language is English; knowledge of French will be advantageous.
For further information:
The EMBRC-ERIC Business Plan (v1.0) is available at: http://bit.ly/1XT2o9
The EMBRC-ERICwebsite: http://www.embrc.eu
Job Mission and Objectives
EMBRC-ERICis looking for a motivated and proficient Communication Officerto support and amplify our development potential through effective communication and social relations. The user community will be a main audience of our communication objectives. Articles will need to be placed to animate our social media channels, or events, telling the achievement realised by our scientific community, to a broader community of scientist and policy makers.
- Establish a network of contact persons across the Consortium tasked with Communications responsibilities;
- Develop and maintain shared repositories of information and contact persons (internal and external stakeholders), adhering to data protection rules;
- Establish communications channels to ensure effective distribution of Comm’s products and outputs across members;
- Ensure smooth functioning of communication tools during events.
Management of Communication Channels
- Be a central point for the collection, organisation and distribution of news across the consortium using suitable channels
- Design and implement a consortium newsletter that is distributed electronically (system to be defined)
- Maintain, moderate and feed all social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and develop our presence on Youtube and increase EMBRC-ERIC social media impact.
Website design and Content Management
- Provide input into the new design of the EMBRC website (graphic design, navigation, content). Drafting the specifications and monitor the execution of the webmaster's work
- Edit and maintain specific sections of the project website (general information, news sections) – subject to being provided with CMS access rights
- The creation of original and structured content to adequately describe the EMBRC-ERIC activities, our achievements and our general organisational status will be a main activity.
- Working with the Executive Director, secretariat and members, to update and develop a fit for purpose communications strategy for the consortium
- Implement the strategy and monitor achievements against set metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Represent EMBRC-ERIC and its related projects in seminars, workshops and conferences, and multiply our user community engagement
- In coordination with the Secretariat, organise outreach activities, including scientific, policy, industry and general public audiences;
- Enforce brand guidelines for all communications outputs (at HQ and Partners levels)
- Develop a corporate video introducing the consortium, its ambitions and activities
- As required by the consortium, develop ad hoc communications products as requested by the consortium.
Essential Skills and Competences
- Minimum qualification: Master Degree in Communication and Marketing, or equivalent;
- Minimum two-years experience in similar role;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Excellent presentation and skills in writing and verbally;
- Excellent computer literacy, including command of MS Office package and ability to operate on multiple platforms (Apple and Windows operating systems);
- Proven experience in the publication of communication material of high quality;
- Command of Image processing software (i.e.: Adobe Illustrator; Photoshop, others)
- Knowledge of publishing software programmes;
- Data analysis skills for analytical reports;
Desirable Skills and Competences
- Graphic skills;
- IT skills (database management, website content management, programming languages);
- French language and other EU languages, in addition to English;
- Knowledge of EMBRC.
Special Personal Attributes Required for the Position
- Accountable and responsive, with a natural disposition towards the others;
- Accustomed to a multi-cultural environment, and to working with a high-degree of transparency and in close interaction with colleagues;
- Able to work towards precise objectives under specific time constraints;
- Clear and able to produce high-quality output;
- Excellent organizational skills, including own work as well as the work of others;
- High-standard work ethics;
- International work experience.
- 2-years contract with 6-month probation and possibility of renewal;
- Overtime may be required to meet activity deadlines;
- National and international travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with internal and external stakeholders;
- EMBRC-ERIC is an equal-opportunity employer, actively supporting the development of their staff.
- Competitive salary, commensurate to titles and experience (indicative net salary: 28-32 K€ per year).
- A benefit package will be offered, including, at a minimum, health insurance and public transportation subsidy. Moving expenses up to 1500Eur will also be supported.
Applications will be accepted until the 24thof August. The position will start on the 1stOctober 2018.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Communication and Media Studies Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France
- Pharmaceutical Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in France