Senior Lecturer - Africa and Gender Studies
3 days left
- Full Time
Centre for Gender and Africa Studies
Job ID: 2423
Duties and responsibilities:
- PhD or equivalent qualification in Africa Studies and/or Feminist/Gender Studies or a related discipline that supports the duties and responsibilities described above.
- Proven experience in the teaching of Africa Studies and/or Gender Studies-related academic content.
- Proven experience in the presentation of research papers at national conferences.
- An NRF rating or demonstrate potential for obtaining an NRF rating.
- Experience in the supervision of student research projects (mini-dissertations/dissertations).
- A research record of relevant publications in national and international accredited journals.
- Experience in academic administration at departmental and/or programme level.
- Ability to conduct/manage/publish interdisciplinary research.
- Ability to teach in an interdisciplinary context.
- Ability to successfully supervise postgraduate students towards graduation.
- Ability and sensitivity to function in a multicultural and multilingual working context.
- Sensitivity to identity and gender issues including women's rights and the rights of sexual minorities, and related issues.
- Ability to work independently but also within team context.
- Adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and dealing with human relations.
- Organisational and administrative skills in the navigation of university processes for the management of postgraduate teaching, research and student supervision.
- Teaching experience at postgraduate level in the fields of Africa and Feminist/Gender Studies.
- Ability to manage research and do research fundraising.
- Experience as an external examiner for postgraduate students.
- Proven experience in the management of teaching and curriculum design.
- Proven experience in the development of programmes and/or qualifications
Assumption of duties:
1 October 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
17 August 2018.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/ 9161/ 3221/ 3592.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Sociology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa