International Recruitment Administrator
- Manage a programme of overseas visits for line managers or their representatives (e.g. academic colleagues) in a named recruitment region
- Provide high level administrative support to the line managers in a named recruitment region and act as the main point of contact when they are out of the office.
- Finance: management of a named regional recruitment budget
- Information Management and other enquiries
- Event management
- Support for other recruitment-related activities
Level of knowledge and/or educational qualifications required:
- Good general education to at least GCSE level, including a good pass in English, and also in mathematics, or other evidence of numeracy
- Proficiency in word processing
- Computer literacy, including experience of electronic communications as well as Word processing, database and spreadsheet packages
- Experience of administering complicated budgets and familiarity with foreign payments and transactions are essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to be able to deal with contacts at all levels, whether dealing with students, academic staff, or external contacts such as vice-chancellors/embassy officials
- Good oral (including tactful and confident telephone manner) and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational abilities to manage a demanding workload
- Ability to work on own initiative, manage time effectively, progress tasks concurrently and work to deadlines
- Computer-literate: articulate, confident and competent in the use of database systems, electronic communications, spreadsheets
- Cultural sensitivity: awareness of the international perspective of the work of the department in terms of the diversity of the student body and our relationships with overseas organisations.
- Event management experience
Level of previous experience required:
Significant prior administrative experience in a busy office; familiarity with an academic and/or marketing environment would be advantageous.