Group Leader/Junior Group Leader for the Molecular Oncology Programme
The CNIO Research Groups are organized in several thematic programmes, including a Molecular Oncology Programme, which at present consists of 10 Groups covering some of the most active areas of research in the study of the molecular basis of cancer. These areas include, among others, DNA and chromosome stability, oncogenes and cell cycle kinases, DNA replication, mitosis and cell division, tumour suppression, senescence, autophagy, metastasis and cancer metabolism.
We are seeking for a highly motivated scientist with a strong research background in any field of oncology to lead a new Research Group at the Molecular Oncology Programme, to complement current research lines.
Main responsibilities and duties of the Group Leader would be:
- Design and develop research projects in his/her field of expertise.
- Recruit, supervise and mentor the members of the Group, including students and staff members.
- Obtain competitive funding from any kind of research funding agencies, public and private, to support the research projects carried out by the Group.
- Establish productive collaborations with other CNIO Groups working on projects of common interest and institutions abroad.
- Lead and participate in the organization of scientific meetings, workshops and events aimed to increase the international visibility of the Group.
- Contribute actively to the CNIO scientific environment by participating in committees, meetings and other instances as required.
Applicants should hold a PhD degree in life sciences (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, medicine, or similar). Requisites for the position include:
- Experience in scientific research in the molecular oncology field as an independent Group Leader
- Outstanding publication record in peer-reviewed international journals, including relevant contributions in high impact factor journals
- Demonstrated track record in obtaining funding through national and international competitive calls
- National and international leadership in scientific research in oncology
- Experience in the supervision of students (PhD, MSc) and staff in training
- Excellent leadership and management skills, and ability to communicate and establish effective collaborations with other researchers and institutions
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Relevant activities in innovation and in the transference of results to the productive sector will be valued
The CNIO offers:
- The opportunity to be part of an internationally renowned research Centre.
- An excellent working, multidisciplinary environment.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
The applicant should indicate whether he/she is applying to a Group Leader of Junior Group Leader position. The requirements for Junior Group Leader positions will be less stringent on areas such as previous record in obtaining funds, mentoring students or international visibility, and will not be required to have previous experience as independent Group Leader.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain