Duties and responsibilities:
Handle all aspects regarding the arrangement of official university events such as the official opening, inaugural addresses, memorial lectures, Chancellor's dinners, inauguration of Chancellor and Vice Chancellor.
Advise faculties and departments on all protocol-related matters during high-profile events of the university.
Provide the necessary inputs regarding the nature of official university events and functions and the hosting of specific functions (in collaboration with the relevant member from the executive management).
Organise farewell functions for senior staff members, and organise other functions/presentations as required from time to time - e.g. receiving official delegations, visits by VIP guests and similar functions.
Assist with operational arrangements for graduation ceremonies on the Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa Campuses.
Oversee the running and maintenance of the Centenary Complex on the Bloemfontein Campus with the assistance of a factotum. This includes managing internal and external bookings for events at the complex.
Work with suppliers and procure goods and services for events.
Function as assistant for the Chancellor and his/her spouse during visits to the Campus.
Act as liaison between the UFS and all honorary doctorate candidates regarding their attendance of the graduation ceremony.
Uphold the image of the university through protocol and brand application.
- A relevant degree or diploma.
- Two (2) to three (3) years' relevant experience in managing large and high-profile events, as well as experience of local and internationalVIP protocol and procedures for ceremoniesand events.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of official processes and procedures in terms of protocol and events management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programmes.
- The ability to engage at different levels of the organisation.
- The ability to manage supplier relations, with minimal supervisory.
- Proven experience in managing large and high-profile events (please attach relevant proof documents).
- Proven knowledge of local and international VIP protocol and procedures for ceremonies and events (please attach relevant proof documents).
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161/9339.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.