Senior Student Recruitment Officer (post level 9)
Duties and responsibilities:
Develop, maintain and implement the University’s recruitment plan.
Liaise with Faculties to identify marketing needs.
Identify and recruit top achievers in the field of academics, sport, culture and leadership.
Responsible for the administration of school visits, i.e. making appointments, accommodation arrangements, preparing the travel programme for the week, school visits forms, marketing material and customer relationship management (CRM).
Deliver presentations concerning the University’s learning programmes and respond to inquiries through group or individual sessions.
Responsible for compiling year planner, quarterly reports and statistical reports.
Responsible for preparing and managing the budget.
Visit identified schools (mostly Afrikaans) and career exhibitions, liaise with school principals and educators.
Contact and build relationships with stakeholders at schools (contact persons/principals).
Responsible for effective relationship marketing between the school, staff, principal and university through Facebook, birthday cards and letters of thanks.
Responsible for ad-hoc marketing opportunities such as (Open Day, UFS Central Region Rugby League, UFS Matriculant of the Year, First Year Reception, and Campus visits).
Manage and organise marketing projects.
Identify new sponsorship opportunities at serviced schools.
Measure the annual return on investment per sponsorship.
Manage The Star of the Stars project on an annual basis.
- Bachelor degree in Marketing and Communication.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ relevant experience
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Proficiency in Afrikaans
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- An understanding of the youth market.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
- Preposition towards excellent customer service.
- Initiative and rive to work as an individual or in a team.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Tertiary Institute environment background.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Should appeal to the younger generation.
- Understanding of school/university system.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161/3934/9962/3106/3687.