Assistant Manager, Research Policy and Communications
Reporting to the Associate Vice Provost, you will be responsible for developing briefs and writing articles for external sponsoring agencies, resource development, external bodies, journals, AKU newsletters, and research office publications etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drafting documents, undertaking research on policies and procedures related to research and graduate programmes and updating specific research policies;
- Providing assistance to the Associate Vice Provost administrative and research teams in developing presentations for the Board of Graduate Studies, University Research Council, Academic Council, Board of Trustees and other relevant for monitoring and updating RGS Office webpage;
- Developing briefs and writing articles for resource development, external bodies, AKU newsletters and website, RGS Office publications, journals etc.;
- Editing, organizing and inviting articles, news items and event reports for research newsletter (Research Outlook);
- Facilitating the patent registry process for inventions, discoveries and copyrights in close coordination with AKU Legal Office;
- Liaising with staff in the RGS Office to ensure communications compliance;
- Supervising junior staff serving in the RGS Office;
- Effectively using social media (e.g Facebook, twitter, instagram) to communicate with a wider/global audience.
An ideal candidate must have:
- An MBA, MSc or MA (e.g. media and communication, literature, journalism, development studies) from a HEC recognized or foreign university/institution;
- At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in an academic, communication or media concern of writing scholarly reports and articles etc.;
- Sound knowledge of work ethics and adherence to intellectual property rights;
- Ability to do extensive literature search, research paper and proposal review;
- Ability to give meticulous attention to details and be a self-starter with minimum need for supervision;
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member;
- Knowledge of and experience with media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media and social media;
- Experience with communication/ creative agencies/ vendors will be added advantage;
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources;
- Ability to create new ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including creative contributions;
- Experience of working with local NGOs, INGOs and government bodies would be an advantage;
- Proficiency in computers especially in MS Office.