The Institut Universitari d’Investigació en Atenció Primària Jordi Gol i Gurina is looking for a statistician to join the Research Support Unit of Barcelona (RSU Barcelona).
Final candidates will be interviewed.
- Experience in research projects using databases from electronic health registers.
- Participation in research projects related to the health sciences, particularly in the design and analysis of cohort and case-control studies and clinical trials.
- Experience in developing analytical projects: design and plan of analysis, data capture and preparation, statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of statistical and data analysis programmes: SPSS, Stata, R and other.
- Knowledge in the management and cleansing of databases, spreadsheets.
- Experience in research in primary care.
- Knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan for non-native speakers.
- Good manners with other people, good team worker and able to engage in discussions. Willingness to acquire new knowledge.
- Independent, problem solving capacity.
- Dynamic, active, involved in projects, capacity to innovate. Experience of adapting to different working and technological environments.
- Other: having an MSc in a topic related to this job offer.
- Management of large databases.
- Statistical and methodological assessment of projects: design, sample size calculation, plan of analysis, data analysis and presentation of results of the research projects.
- Creation, cleansing and restructuration of databases. Validation of collected data.
- Participation in the dissemination of results (scientific communications and writing articles).