Public Engagement and Science Education Support
The Centre for Genomic Regulation (CRG) is an international biomedical research institute of excellence, based in Barcelona, Spain, with more than 400 scientists from 44 countries.
The CRG shares principles of an interdisciplinary, motivated and creative scientific team that is supported by high-end and innovative technologies and a flexible and efficient administration.
CRG has been conferred with a badge of ‘HR Excellence in Research’ by the European Commission, in recognition to its progress in implementing the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for Recruitment of Researchers, that among others consists of transparent, merit-based recruitment procedures and attractive work-life balance working conditions.
For further information: www.crg.eu
An exciting learning opportunity has arisen to join our Communications & PR Team at the CRG in Barcelona. We offer the opportunity to build your skills and strengths within a motivating work environment with a culture that is open and innovative, to develop your career in Public Engagement and Science Education.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual with drive and ambition to support our science dissemination activities program. In this role, you will closely collaborate with our current Public Engagement and Science Education Officer, and will be in direct contact with the rest of the team members and projects across all areas of Communications & PR.
This opportunity will be very enriching for you both personally and professionally, as you will have the chance to learn from experienced members of the team, to get to know very well the Public Engagement and Science Education officer position, and you will be also able to attend meetings linked to ongoing projects and activities (dissemination of science activities, international and European science communication / open science projects, etc.).
- Being guided by the Public Engagement and Science Education Officer, you will have the opportunity to work on different tasks and ongoing projects.
- Support the appropriate development of education workshops (for schools) of the science dissemination program of the CRG
- Support the logistics and organization of the overall activities of the science dissemination program
- Supervise the re-filling of the itinerant electrophoresis kits, manage the shipments and support teachers regarding the use of the kits
- Active contribution to the design and development of CRG Science Cafés series
- Maintenance and update of the database containing all activities developed by this area (indicators)
- Give visibility to science dissemination activities through CRG different social media accounts
- Design of one new science dissemination / public engagement activity addressed to the general public
About the department
The mission of the Communications & PR Department is to promote and protect the CRG's reputation of excellence. We do so by developing and implementing clear, consistent and engaging strategies to enhance the public understanding of our science and our institute, its researchers, and its value to society. The Communication & PR Department fulfils its mission through a wide range of initiatives and activities addressed to different audiences, including journalists, politicians, primary, secondary and high-school students, science teachers and, of course, CRG members.
Duration: 1-year contract, part-time, with the possibility of extension
Estimated annual gross salary: Commensurate according to qualifications and experience
Starting date: September 17, 2018
We offer work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.
CRG offers and promotes a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applicants regardless of age, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation
The CRG is committed to reconcile a work and family life of its employees.
All applications must include:
- A Cover Letter.
- A full CV including contact details.
- Two contacts for further references.
All applications must be addressed to Gloria Lligadas and be submitted by means of on-line application on the official website of the CRG.
Deadline: Please submit your application by 24 August 2018
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Education Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Pharmaceutical Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain
- Sales Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Spain