Postdoctoral Fellowship in Geophysics
We are looking for a candidate interested in developing a research project to investigate the exposed and unexposed root system, creating parameters for tree risk decision making. The proposed study will be based on the use and validation of non-destructive radar technique (GPR – Ground Penetrating Radar) for qualitative and quantitative evaluation of the root system and study of external morphology and root anatomy.
We are seeking candidates PhD in Geophysics. The candidate must prove professional or academic experience (proven through publications) with subjects related to the use of GPR.
English skills and knowledge in electromagnetic methods are desirable.
The 24-month grant will be funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation-FAPESP and linked to the Institutional Research Development Plan (PDIP - Process: 2017 / 50343-2).
This opportunity is open to candidates of any nationalities. The selected candidate will receive a FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral fellowship in the amount of BRL 7,174.80 monthly and a research contingency fund, equivalent to 15% of the annual value of the fellowship which should be spent in items directly related to the research activity.
More information about the fellowship is at: http://www.fapesp.br/oportunidades/2291/
Eligible destination country/ies for fellows: Brazil
Eligibility of fellows: country/ies of residence: All
Eligibility of fellows: nationality/ies: All
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Environmental Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Physics Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil
- Social and Behavioral Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Brazil