1 day left
- Full Time
Project Manager (post level 9)
Job ID: 2435
Main purposes of the Job
- Responsible for managing national research projects within the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
- Play a central role in communicating with national stakeholders and international funders, tracking deadlines and controlling costs.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with project planning for the range of student engagement projects at the University of the Free State (and where applicable for other national research projects).
- Assist with planning for research projects within the Centre for Teaching and Learning.
- Coordinate and track project schedules and deliverables.
- Set up budget estimates, control project costs, and manage risks.
- Update and distribute service agreement contracts with various national and international institutions.
- Prepare correspondence, including meeting minutes, for team/stakeholders.
- Communicate with stakeholder/sponsors regarding project progress about timelines, funding and deliverables.
- Organise logistical arrangements with regard to workshops and conferences online/face-to-face.
- Support internal and external project evaluation processes and audits from time to time.
- Ensure quality management of project deliverables.
- Collaborate with other researchers in the field.
- Interpret results from the abovementioned and write reports based on findings.
- Applicable Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Project Management.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ relevant experience in project management on medium to large scale projects.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Written and oral communication proficiency in the official administrative language of the institution.
- Proficient in MS Project; MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work under supervision within a broader collaborative environment.
- Accept responsibility and show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Have a good understanding of project management in relation to the projects' larger aims/outcomes.
- Ability to prioritise different deliverables in case of a crisis/unexpected circumstances.
- Skills in report writing for projects.
- Applicable Postgraduate degree or Diploma in Project Management.
- Experience in the higher education environment.
- Advanced experience in using MS Project to manage projects.
- Knowledge of research processes (data collection, analyses and quality control).
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 August 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/9161/9339.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online
All applications must be accompanied by the following:
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete, or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.