nGAP Lecturer / Researcher - Department Pharmacology
3 days left
- Full Time
nGAP Lecturer / Researcher
Job ID: 2436
The position is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training under the New Generation of Academics Programme (nGAP) and the successful candidate will be subject to the terms and conditions of the programme whilst being a permanent staff member of the University of the Free State.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and, the ability to function well in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Business acumen.
- Result orientated.
- Strategic thinking.
- Building coalitions.
- Applicants should have qualified not more than three (3) years.
- Experience in herbal medicines and traditional medicines research and interest in these.
- Master’s level research experience in health or basic sciences.
- Laboratory research experience in Natural Sciences Master’s, Pharmacology or B. Pharm degree level.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
17 August 2018.
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9962/2808/9329.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department / division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
More searches like this
- Business and Finance Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa
- Cell and Molecular Biology Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Africa