Phlebotomist, Clinical Laboratory
Location Karachi, Pakistan
The Aga Khan University Hospital invites applications for the position of Phlebotomist in Clinical Laboratory.
You will be responsible to:
- Verify each patient’s identification and check lab tests requisition slips and patient’s status through verbal questioning to ensure that he/she fulfills the test requirements for collection of correct samples.
- Perform accurate and gentle vein puncture procedures to collect blood, transfer the same into the specific container(s) according to test requirements on a daily basis to provide quality service
- Label each patient’s sample container before collection of specimen according to the laboratory protocol to avoid mix-up of specimens.
- Follow safety precautions all times, dispose sharps in sharp container and maintain clean work area
- Explain phlebotomy procedures to patients for special & routine lab tests according to the lab tests requirements as per laboratory protocol to ensure collection of correct sample
You should have:
- Matric/Intermediate preferred with 1–2 years of experience of venipuncture on adults and as well as paediatric patients
- Ability to read and write simple English.
- Knowledge of various collection containers.
- Good knowledge of venipuncture on adults and paediatric patients
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work in shift duties