Faculty Student Advisor (One-year contract post) - Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of humanities, faculty student advisor (one-year contract post), peromnes post level 9.
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy., The University of Pretoria's commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be required to provide support to students, especially those at risk of not succeeding within the Faculty of Humanities, in order for such students to improve their academic performance. This will include the following responsibilities:
- Contacting students identified as being at risk of not succeeding;
- Providing interventions to assist students to cope academically;
- Directing students to support services;
- Tracking students’ performance and directing them to the academic assistance services available;
- Any other duties as determined by the Dean/Deputy Dean.
- Honours degree in Educational Psychology
- Social Work or Psychology;
- Minimum experience of one year as a student mentor or student counsellor.
Required competencies (skills, knowledge and behavioural attributes):
- Computer literate;
- Competence in working with Excel;
- Good communication skills;
- Empathic and helpful nature.
Added advantages and preferences:
- A Master’s degree in Educational Psychology
- Social Work or Psychology;
- Experience working with tertiary students;
- Applicants must be registered or registerable with the relevant Council.
All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process. The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers@UP. In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
21 August 2018, No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.,
Prof Hennie Stander, Tel: (012) 420 2360, Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful., The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups. All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials. The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.