Research Fellow - Institute of Systems and Robotics
Scientific area: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a related area.
Work plan: It will be performed research and development activities in the design of closed-loop smart metering simulators, with application to the domains of electricity and/or gas utilities.
Financial conditions: The amount of the grant is € 980,00 corresponding to the monthly compensation stipulated in the FCT table. The payment of the grant will be made by bank check or by bank transfer at the end of the month. To this value it is added the social security (Seguro Social Voluntário, first level contributions), in case the candidate chooses for its assignment, and personal accidents insurance. The financial amount of the grant will not be increased during the entire period of the fellowship.
Duration: 6 months.
Renewal: The fellowship is eventually renewable, for one additional period of 6 months. The time periods of the fellowship (including the renewal) will be adjusted if necessary in order for the fellowship to not terminate after the end of the project (predicted to be 2019/09/30).
Regime: The attribution of the fellowship does not generate or entitle a relation of a legal-labour nature, and the fellowship is undertaken in an exclusive dedication regime. The fellow is granted with the Fellow Statute of the University of Coimbra, in its current wording, according to the Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow, in its current wording, and according to the Regulation of Research Grants of the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P., also in its current wording.
Admission requirements: Holding a master/MSc degree or equivalent/recognized in the area of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a related area.
Selection methods: Curricular evaluation (70%) and interview (30%) to the 10 candidates best classified in the curricular evaluation part.
Selection and attribution criteria: The curricular evaluation will focus on the following criteria:
- Curricular elements presented, including the adequacy of the profile and merit of the candidate to the needs of the project = 40%;
- Experience and knowledge in the area of the work plan and desired profile: previous experience in works and/or research and development projects related to the research and development program to be developed; knowledge on real-time systems involving software and/or hardware, simulation, computational intelligence; control; Knowledge in the subject area of the activity object / work plan of the fellowship = 30%;
- In the interview it will be valued the motivation, the commitment, the perseverance, the adequacy of the profile and merit of the candidate to the needs of the project, and the experience and knowledge in the area of the work plan and desired profile = 30%.
Formalization of application: Applications should be sent by email with the following documents and informations:
- Letter of presentation, application and motivation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant
- Copy of the certificate(s) of academic qualifications with the mean overall final classification in the courses (e.g. Grade Point Average, GPA). The CV should include: (i) contact information, (ii) Academic qualifications (including, for each course, a complete list of the concluded courses/subjects/curricular units and their classifications), (iii) List of scientific publications, (iv) Main projects where the applicant has participated, and working experience, (v) other information considered relevant.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal