Research Fellow - “Advanced Tools for Smart Manufacturing”
Scientific area: Electrical and Computer Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a related area.
Work plan: Research and development activities in real-time systems, computational intelligence and control, in the domain of the molds and plastic injections industries, for: (i) Development of an application for monitoring and control of the mold; (ii) Development of an application for monitoring and control of the machines and peripherals; (iii) Development of algorithms for the prediction of defects in the injected products and failures in the tools, as well as their corresponding correction; (iv) Development of algorithms for the detection of failures that may occur in the injection process as well as in all the peripherals.
Financial conditions: The amount of the grant is € 980,00 corresponding to the monthly compensation stipulated in the FCT table, plus social security (Seguro Social Voluntário, first level contributions) and personal accidents insurance. The payment will be made by bank transfer. This amount will not be increased during the entire period of the grant duration.
Duration: 6 months.
Renewal: Eventually renewable, generally in periods of 6 months (or less), limited to a total of 21 months.
Regime: The attribution of the fellowship does not generate or entitle a relation of a legal-labour nature, and the fellowship is undertaken in an exclusive dedication regime. The fellow is granted with the Fellow Statute of the UC, in its current wording, according to the Statute of the Scientific Research Fellow, and according to the Regulation of Research Grants of the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P., both in their current wording.
Admission requirements: Holding a master/MSc degree or equivalent/recognized in the area of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a related area.
Selection methods: Curricular evaluation (70%) and interview (30%) of the 10 candidates best classified in the curricular evaluation part.
Selection criteria: The curricular evaluation will focus on the following criteria:
- Curricular elements presented, including the adequacy of the profile and merit of the candidate to the needs of the project (40%);
- Knowledge in the area of the work plan and desired profile; knowledge on real-time systems, computational intelligence, intelligent control, control, digital control, computer programming; knowledge in the subject areas of the activity object of the fellowship (30%).
- In the interview, motivation, commitment, perseverance, adequacy of the profile and merit of the candidate to the needs of the project, and knowledge in the area of the work plan and desired profile will be evaluated (30%).
Formalization of application: Applications must be formalized, obligatorily, by sending the following elements: (1) Letter of presentation, application and motivation; (2) Curriculum Vitae (CV) of the applicant; (3) Copy of the certificate(s) of academic qualifications with the mean overall final classification in the courses (e.g. Grade Point Average, GPA). The CV should include: (i) contact information, (ii) Academic qualifications (including, for each course, a complete list of the concluded courses/subjects/curricular units and their classifications), (iii) List of scientific publications, (iv) Main projects where the applicant has participated, (v) other information considered relevant.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Portugal