Steam Punk Program Coordinator
4 days left
- Full Time
The UTS Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Unit is currently recruiting for a Program Coordinator to be accountable for the ongoing development, implementation and review of the STEAMPunk Program.
The STEAMPunk Program has been designed by young women for young women to increase the number of girls pursuing STEM related Higher education study. The program uses an interdisciplinary approach to support young women develop STEAM mindsets and STEM skills and highlights STEM study and career pathways with the intent of strengthening the pipeline of women in STEM.
The Equity and Diversity Unit within the Centre for Social Justice and Inclusion comprises the Student Equity Team and the Diversity and Inclusion team. It works with faculties and central units to assist them in ensuring UTS is a fair and equitable institution which supports and celebrates its diversity. This position is located within the Student Equity Team which has 6 full time and 2 part time staff members
The Program Coordinator will work with metropolitan and regional NSW high schools, teachers, UTS faculties and units to upscale and implement the STEAMPunk Program in 2018/2019.
- Develop the program delivery model to take the SteamPunk Program to scale based on the key findings of the program pilot.
- Liaise with expert internal and external stakeholders to ensure STEAM, innovation and entrepreneurship and equity expertise informs program development and delivery.
- Coordinate the implementation and review of the SteamPunk Program using project management skills such as project planning, stakeholder analysis and liaison, budgeting, reporting and evaluation
- Maintain ongoing liaison with internal and external expert stakeholders to ensure STEAM, innovation and entrepreneurship and equity expertise informs program development and delivery.
- Develop evaluation framework and collateral including a pre-project survey, observations, and focus groups
Main skills/experience required:
- Demonstrated school based teaching and learning experience working with High School students in STEM/STEAM
- Experience in project management, montoring and the review of evidence-based educational equity programs and training activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of STEM/STEAM curriculum and pedagogies at secondary school level
- High level communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse range of people in a respectful and culturally appropriate and informed manner.
This role attracts 9.5% superannuation in addition to the base salary.
Our commitment to work/life support includes benefits such as flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and support to carers.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on a fixed term basis for up to 12 months.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Life Sciences Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia