Senior Scientific Officer
About the Institute
Since its inception in 2008, the Climate Change Cluster (C3) at the University of Technology Sydney has been delivering on its strategic plan to build momentum, increase impact and be recognised internationally for its research excellence.
The institute has quadrupled in size since 2008 and has expanded its research capability from ecology to include additional expertise in plant physiology, microbiology, cellular biology, microfluidics, biochemistry, molecular biology (genomics, proteomics, metabolomics), physics (bio-optics), ecological modelling, chemistry, bio-informatics and remote sensing.
About the role
We are now looking to appoint a talented and motivated individual as a Senior Scientific Officer.
Reporting into the Executive Director, Professor Peter Ralph this position will see you as an expert coordinator to ensure effective data processing (environmental and molecular) analysis and development of digital interfaces to instrumentation currently used as part of research programs within C3.
The role will see you working closely with researchers to identify their needs for assistance in programming and digital interfaces to ensure the resources required are in place. To be successful in securing the role you will have:
As the successful candidate you will have:
- a degree in a relevant area such as computing or engineering
- experience programming for a diverse range of users from with different levels of understanding of data management issues.
- skills in computer-controlled interfaces for scientific instrumentation as used in environmental research.
- experience with High Performance Computing in a UNIX/Linux environment and managing the data generated
- the capacity to develop knowledge and understanding of high level data management, storage and archiving requirements for C3 that will conform with UTS and external repository protocols.
- some knowledge of database and web interfaces (such as MySQL, WAMP server, PHP, Apache.NET, THREDDS and OpenDAP).
Remuneration & Benefits
This role attracts 17% superannuation (pension) in addition to the base salary.
UTS staff also benefit from a wide range of Employee Benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This position is full-time and appointment will be made on fixed term basis for 3 years.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science and IT Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Computer Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- General Computing Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia