Associate Professor/ Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer in Architectural Engineering
Continuing position available immediately
Work on visionary research to address current engineering challenges facing our society
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences at the University of Adelaide strives to develop a culture of high performance, collaboration and respect that attracts and nurtures exceptional talent to deliver excellence. We invite applications from suitably qualified women to join us as Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Architectural Engineering in our School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering to drive research with profound impact and to participate in our vibrant learning environment.
The School is one of the world's leading institutions and is ranked 31 in Civil Engineering in the 2018 ARWU world rankings, with much of this result due to the leading educators and researchers in our disciplines of primary focus: Structures, WaterSYSTEMS and Mining and Geotechnical engineering. You will be part of a team working on visionary research to address current engineering challenges facing our society and outstanding teaching that guides the development of creative and critically thinking engineering graduates in a dynamic learning environment. You will report to the Head of School and form part of the Structures Research Group, with the expectation that you will intensively interact with the school of Architecture and the Built Environment on collaborative research and teaching.
We are seeking candidates with:
- PhD in Architectural or Structural Engineering and a strong track record of publications in high ranking journals
- Ability to teach a broad range of courses to students in structural and architectural engineering
- Ability to undertake independent research and supervise postgraduate research students
- Ability to liaise and partner with government authorities, consultants and/or industry to develop industry related research programmes
- Demonstrated high-level written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- A variety of flexible working arrangements are available for the successful candidate.
The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences celebrates diversity and has a range of programs available to support our staff and students in their academic lives. Among them, the ECMS Dependant Travel Fund supports staff with caring responsibilities to participate in conferences, workshops, field trips and other approved work related travel. Faculty staff returning from parental leave of at least 12 weeks are also supported through our Staff Research Support Transition Scheme.
The University of Adelaide is committed to proactively address cultural and structural impediments to equity throughout the organisation. In order to grow and strengthen the talent pipeline, our Dornwell Framework established in 2015 pledged to actively source and encourage more women into our recruitment processes. The women-only requirement for this role is a lawful special measure under section 47 of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984.
For more information about gender equity initiatives at the University of Adelaide please visit www.adelaide.edu.au/gender-equity-diversity
Salary: (Level B) $96,135 - $113,788 per annum | (Level C) $117,310 - $134,966 per annum | (Level D) $140,845 - $154,965 per annum, depending on experience.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of up to 17% applies.
Term of position: This continuing position is available immediately.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application.
For a confidential discussion about this position, please contact Dr Phillip Visintin, Acting Head of School of Civil, Environmental and Mining Engineering, telephone: +61 8 8313 4320 or email: email@example.com
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 11.55pm, 9 September 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Science Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Physical Sciences and Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Chemical Engineering Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Chemistry Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia
- Art and Humanities Academic (e.g. 'Lecturer') £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Australia