Student Administration Refresh and Simplification (StARS) Programme Manager
Educated to degree level (or equivalent) with appropriate programme and project management qualifications, as well as substantial previous programme management experience of successful systems implementation at a senior level in a complex organisation, preferably a student records system implementation/re-implementation at a Higher Education Institution (HEI).
Knowledge of and significant expertise in:
- Programme management that has successfully delivered similar IT and business system solutions within transformational change programmes;
- Programme management that has involved significant collaboration both with internal IT stakeholders as well as with software vendors in the implementation of transformation change programmes;
- Managing and embedding both process and cultural change within a similarly complex/matrix organisation;
- Successfully managing the embedded delivery of business transition to a new operating model;
- Effectively managing supplier relationships to ensure effective and on budget delivery;
- Applying a significant amount of independent professional judgement;
- Project and programme management techniques and tools;
- Risk management and change management.
Excellent communication and inter-personal skills including:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including the ability to produce high quality project documentation and well developed presentation skills;
- Establishing and managing collaborative stakeholder relationships and networks with academics, professional services staff and other partners demonstrating credibility and gravitas;
- Interacting with all levels of staff including the ability to motivate and develop people;
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and facilitating skills.
- Strong intellectual abilities;
- Eye for detail and strong influencing personality;
- Judgement and resilience;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving;
- Negotiation and conflict management;
- Honesty and integrity;
- An ability to establish and maintain relationships with both internal external stakeholders;
- Energy and resilience.
The purpose of the StARS transformation programme is to deliver, in partnership with Colleges and wider-University Professional Services, a comprehensive review of student-related administration to simplify and, where appropriate, standardize processes in conjunction with a refresh to the student record system, Banner, to enhance the effectiveness of our services and deliver a more responsive and personalised approach for both students and staff.
Reporting to the Programme Lead, with a direct line of accountability to the Academic Registrar, the StARS Programme Manager will be responsible for translating the programme vision into a detailed and comprehensive programme plan covering all phases of the programme from design and implementation through to post-project evaluation.This will require close working with the Project Manager, Change Manager and other key members of the Programme team to deliver the transformational change required.