Student Administration Refresh and Simplification (StARS) Programme - Stakeholder Engagement & Comm
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in English Language, Communications, Marketing or similar.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant professional experience preferably in Higher Education or a comparable complex public sector body.
- Outstanding written communication skills, with the ability to write high quality communications for delivery through a range of media.
- Ability to understand different communication and engagement requirements and the ability to adapt style and approach to suit.
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to large numbers of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience of establishing and managing collaborative stakeholder relationships and networks with staff from all seniority levels.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills as well as the ability to manage conflict and resistance to change.
- Basic understanding of student records systems and how their importance.
- Well-developed administrative and organisational skills with a proven ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office, experience of web content management and experience of utilising digital and social media channels.
- Collaborative and flexible working style.
- Ability to prioritise work, particularly under pressure.
- A creative, imaginative and enthusiastic approach.
- Experience of working in a confidential environment
- An understanding of and empathy for the activities/objectives of the University.
The purpose of the StARS transformation programme is to deliver, in partnership with Colleges and wider-University Professional Services, a comprehensive review of student-related administration to simplify and, where appropriate, standardize processes in conjunction with a refresh to the student record system, Banner, to enhance the effectiveness of our services and deliver a more responsive and personalised approach for both students and staff.
Reporting to the StARS Change Manager, the StARS Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Manager will be responsible for designing and delivering the StARS stakeholder engagement and communication plans, engaging with a wide range of stakeholders through a variety of media.
The post holder is expected to develop close links with the University's Communications Team and other communications professionals across the University as well as key stakeholders.This will help to ensure that the post holder is fully conversant with the institutional priorities and that the approaches used in the StARS transformation programme are consistent with those being developed more broadly across the University.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal skills, be comfortable presenting to wide range of audiences, and be able to produce high quality written communications including hard copy, social media and website content.