Property Services Department
The Administrative Officer will report directly to the Manager: Planned Maintenance and will provide administrative services regarding Small Projects and SHEQ duties within the Property Services Department, a division of Facilities Management at the Stellenbosch campus. The position requires exceptional knowledge of administrative skills, discretion, organisational ability, interpersonal and communication skills. The incumbent will be responsible for service delivery to Facilities Management.
- Providing an effective and efficient general administrative and secretarial service to Property Services with regards to Small Projects and SHEQ Administration;
- Assisting with compiling reports and incorporating statistical data into draft reports;
- Performing routine administrative tasks e.g. requisitions, work assignment, communication, etc.;
- Reacting to urgent requests and ensuring that necessary action is taken;
- Handling telephonic enquiries and receiving clients;
- Client relationship management;
- Safety, health and environment administration;
- Course and training coordination.
- Administrative and or Secretarial Diploma;
- Three years' relevant work experience at a tertiary institution, or in a similar environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Afrikaans;
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook, Excel);
- Financial administration skills;
- Excellent skills as pertaining to effective planning, problem-solving, decision-making and time management;
- Good analytical ability;
- Accurate record-keeping skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Organised with good interpersonal relationships.
- Fully bilingual in English and Afrikaans;
- A minimum of two years' secretarial and/or administrative experience;
- Proven ability to work both on own initiative and as member of a team;
- Developing and maintaining positive working partnerships with users;
- Ability to function under pressure without compromising accuracy;
- Excellent communication and liaising skills and experience;
- Valid code EB driver's licence.
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups. The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post. Candidates may be subjected to appropriate psychometric testing and other selection instruments.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates. Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.
Enquiries regarding job content: Aloma Fourie on 021 808 4714, or at email@example.com
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753