Family Support Worker - Essex - Up to £15.00 hourly
Leaving Care Support Worker - Essex region - Up to £15.00 an hour depending on experience
An opportunity has arisen within the organisation for an individual to join the project as a Leaving Care Support Worker due to the fact that members of the team have naturally progressed within their own career; transitioning across the service and to other projects within social care.
This opportunity will serve as a stepping stone for your career goals and own self-development; gain a variety of skills from the experienced individuals who will be supporting you within the service and utilise these throughout the rest of your career.
Objective of your role within the service:
The service aims to work in partnership with young people who have left the care system and are transitioning across into adult life.
You will achieve this by:
- Providing practical support, advice and guidance to young people aged 17 - 25. (Using your own life experience and personality to connect and achieve this)
- Working in partnership with colleagues from additional agencies and other Children's Services in order to attain the best possible outcomes for young people.
- Using Pathway Planning to help young people highlight and use the services they will need to move from care to adult life.
- Ensuring that young people have access to suitable housing, employment education and training opportunities.
How good are you at helping others? If you're the individual in your social circle that both friend's and family lean on for moral support and guidance then this role might be an opportunity for you to make a real difference to a stranger's life.
What they can offer you:
- A highly competitive rate - Given the market evaluation for 2018.
- Training and development within your role.
- Excellent service user focused working environment that will provide you with a step to pursuing a career within social work.
Any interested applicants would benefit from sending their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call Liam Woods on 0207 940 2100 for a confidential discussion to determine your options and future prospects.
Know of anyone who fits this depiction? We need them too! Send us their name and contact details (phone-number and email). If your referral gets a role, you receive £200 high-street vouchers!