Research Technician in the College of Medical and Dental Sciences
This post is funded until 31st August 2021 to support Professor Kai Tolliner's research group in the College of Medical and Dental Sciences, Institute of Immunology and Immunotherapy.
Along with the day to day duties the role holder will support the research currently funded by BBSRC contributing to the understanding of the differentiation of memory B cells after immunisation and the generation of memory B cells in mice.
- NVQ, BTEC/ONC or equivalent; or specific relevant experience in an appropriate subject.
- GCSE (A*- C) or equivalent in mathematics
- Proven practical experience of relevant techniques required for the post and Good Laboratory Practice
- Positive service attitude and shows courtesy in dealing with others
- Ability to organise and manage own work load after consultation with supervisor and demonstrate flexibility in terms of work practices/requirements
- Ability to work as part of a team but to perform under minimum supervision
- Awareness of Animals Scientific Procedures Act (1986)
- Awareness of Human Tissue Act (2004)
- Awareness of current relevant H&S policies
- Proficiency in commonly used software packages
- Willingness to work towards professional registration