Senior Assistant Officer (post level 12) - Support Services
Office of the Vice-Principal: Support Services
Senior Assistant Officer (post level 12)
Job ID: 2536
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for general office administration.
- Type correspondence.
- Answer and handle telephonic enquiries.
- Order and control stationery.
- Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Develop and update filing systems.
- Make photocopies, responsible for the photocopier and arrange printing.
- Make requisitions, present invoices for payment/finalisation and finalise expense claims.
- Handle petty cash, request advances, submit claims and perform related tasks.
- Make arrangements pertaining to social events.
- Manage electronic diary.
- Make travelling and accommodation arrangements.
- Administer, arrange meetings and appointment schedules.
- A post-school qualification in office administration or related field.
- One (1) to two (2) year's relevant experience.
- Business acumen.
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Results orientated.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strategic thinking.
- Leadership and organisational skills.
- Ability to take minutes.
- Ability to handle purchasing and requisitions.
Assumption of duties:
01 January 2019.
26 October 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 058 718 5096/5097.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications); and
- a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.