Educational Psychologist: Centre for Student Counselling and Development
Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD)
Educational Psychologist (Two-year Contract)
It is the primary objective of the Centre for Student Counselling and Development to be focused on student wellness and development. The CSCD consists of five units and delivers an integrated, professional, client centred service that focuses on support and development. This position is based at the Unit for Academic Counselling and Development and will be focusing primarily on service delivery to students registered for the Extended Degree Programmes (EDP) at the University.
- Providing academic counselling to students who are registered for the Extended Degree Programme (EDP) of Stellenbosch University;
- Following up on referrals from Faculty Support Staff;
- Intake interviews;
- Psycho-educational support;
- Diagnosis (if applicable);
- Report writing;
- Developing intervention programmes (may include applicable referrals);
- Case management of EDP students (may include needs analysis and appropriate referral to other services on campus, e.g. social services);
- Developmental work (including work sessions, for example about study methods, time management, stress management and exam preparation).
- Master's degree in Educational Psychology, e.g. MEdPsych;
- Registration as educational psychologist with the Health Professions Council of South Africa;
- At least six months' relevant experience in academic counselling at a Higher Education institution;
- Experience in psychotherapy for young adults;
- Training or experience in brain-based learning practices;
- Computer proficiency;
- Experience in group facilitation.
- The ability to work under pressure;
- The ability to work effectively in a team;
- The ability to work according to a fixed schedule in a structured environment and deliver a quality service;
- Independent worker;
- A transparent and effective communication style;
- Work experience within a multidisciplinary professional team;
- Above average written and verbal proficiency in English and one other official South African language.
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Service Centre on 021 808 2753
Closing date: 22 November 2018
Commencement date: 1 January 2019
The University will consider all applications in terms of its Employment Equity Plan, which acknowledges the need to diversify the demographic composition of the staff corps, especially with regard to the appointment of suitable candidates from the designated groups.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e-mail address of at least three referees).
You are also requested to provide proof of your MEdPsych, Master's in Psychology or other applicable degree, as well as proof of registration as educational psychologist at the Health Professions Council of South Africa and must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at http://www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.