Physiotherapist (post level 9) (15 hours per week) (contract appointment: 2 years)
Job ID: 2582
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess, treat and prevent disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease to student, staff and the community of the University of the Free State.
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy or relevant qualification.
- Post community service.
- Registered as a physiotherapist at the HPCSA (attach proof).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Willingness to work after hours, weekends and public holiday as required.
- Keen interest in sports physiotherapy.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Self-motivated and good interpersonal skills are very important
- Ability to function independently
- Postgraduate qualification(s) in sports physiotherapy or Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy (OMT).
- Previous experience as a sports team's physiotherapist.
Assumption of duties:
01 January 2019
23 November 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9161/3934/3930/3106.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of all academic records;
- certified copies (not older than 3 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a certified copy (not older than 3 months) of your identity document (ID).
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.