RF Architect Job
Apply fundamental RF Systems analytical, mathematical and characterization skills to support novel RF Systems development and integration efforts in healthcare and energy related areas. These applications could include magnetic resonance systems, near-field electromagnetic measurement systems and far-field RADAR systems. Systems comprise discreet components (FETS, etc), RF custom integrated circuits and standard COTS components. As an RF Architect, you will:
- Perform tasks to advance RF sensing and connectivity research with various GE Businesses and global external agencies (DARPA, DOD, NIH, etc.) as well as help secure funding to pursue that vision
- Participate in identifying technical issues and focus resources to produce cutting-edge technical breakthroughs
- Be a part of a team of leading engineers and scientists to develop RF technologies in the fields of instrumentation, communications, controls, and healthcare
- Work in a lab environment to develop designs, prototypes, circuit boards, and test plans
- Work with other GE teams towards new product introduction of prototype designs
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations to peers and management describing overall objective, systematic analyses, and conclusions.
- Perform board and module layout with selection of RF component, antenna design, simulation and test.
- Be a part of team conducting Receiver/transmitter analysis, physical layer modeling, frequency planning, and RF budgeting, and circuit design.
- Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering degree or related disciplines or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or related disciplines with at least 3 years of industry related experience
- Understanding of RF Receiver and Transmitter Systems Design
- Knowledge of Electro-Magnetic interactions with human tissue
- Understanding of RADAR Systems
- Understanding RF radio and radiometer systems design, simulation, and characterization
- Understanding of scattering parameters
- Demonstrated experience in the design, prototyping, build, and test of RF electronic systems and subsystems
- Familiarity with modeling software and programming tools such as Matlab, Simulink, Genesys, ADS, SONNET
- Working knowledge and use of relevant RF test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzer and function generators
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Doctorate in Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering discipline with emphasis on RF Systems Design
- Experience with RF Radio Systems Experience with simulation tools such as ADS, Genesys and OrCad
- Demonstrated project leadership experience, including successful track of completing deliverables on schedule and on budget.
- Experience in RF subsystems and systems
- Industry experience in healthcare, industrial, or energy
- Experience and demonstrated success in the pursuit and execution of research grants and development contract with outside agencies
- Experience collaborating with global government research agencies and leading academic research organizations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.